I’ve made this black bean corn salad twice this week! Once as a side dish when I had dinner with the in-laws (served it with roasted chicken and couscous) and once as a healthy snack for me to snack on throughout the week. Yep, this stuff is just THAT good…. and loaded with pretty vegetables!
- 11 oz sweet corn, drained (I use Mexican steamed canned corn or fresh grilled corn)
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed & drained (l used Bush low-sodium canned black beans)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- CHILI LIME DRESSING
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (can add more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cumin
- Add beans and vegetables to a large bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Mix the chili lime dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to salad.
- Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- (Add diced avocado drizzles with lime juice before serving if desired.)